This year IF Oxford returns as a digital science and ideas festival, with 100 online events across October 2020.
Culham Centre for Fusion Energy and our operator UKAEA are really excited to be involved with the festival. We will be hosting five events to showcase the range of our cutting-edge science and engineering work. From a look at the role fusion will play in our futures, to the advances in robotics and materials research that we are pioneering, UKAEA’s events at IF this year will be an exploration of all that is needed to achieve our ambitions of a fusion-powered world.
We will also be taking part in IF’s Explorazone, a whole day of interactive activities for kids and families to experience science from their homes. This will be an opportunity to take part in live-chats with researchers from UKAEA and other organisations, as well as see shows and try out activities that bring science alive!
Furthermore, we are hosting a special event looking at the boundary between science and art, exploring how fusion is able to influence both and can bring them together. Linked with this event and the wider IF festival, we’ll be launching an art competition where we would love you get creative and take part. More details on that competition to come in October.
Do join us this October to find out more about our work and some of the amazing ideas across a whole range of science topics from around Oxfordshire and the UK. To register for tickets, search the IF Oxford programme online here: https://if-oxford.com/events/
See below for a full list of events that UKAEA will be involved in during the festival.
- Fri 2 October, 6.00-6:45pm: A fusion future https://if-oxford.com/event/a-fusion-future/
- Fri 9 October, 7.00– 7.45pm: The art of fusion https://if-oxford.com/event/the-art-of-fusion/
- Sun 11 October, 6.30 – 7.15pm: The challenge of remote engineering https://if-oxford.com/event/the-challenge-of-remote-engineering/
- Sat 17 October: Interactive Explorazone https://if-oxford.com/event/explorazone-digital/
- Sat 17 October: 3pm – 3:45pm: Making a Sun on Earth: Live https://if-oxford.com/event/making-a-sun-on-earth-live/
- Sun 18 October, 6.30 – 7.15pm: Super materials for extreme conditions https://if-oxford.com/event/super-materials-for-extreme-conditions/
- Wed 28 October, 4pm – 4.45pm: Engineering stars https://if-oxford.com/event/engineering-stars/