How to get here:
Exit the A34 at Abingdon onto the A415. Travel east through the town and exit on the A415 towards Dorchester. Culham Science Centre is on the left, three miles after crossing the river Thames. Alternatively, travel west from the A4074. Culham Science Centre is on the right, about one mile after the traffic lights at Clifton Hampden.
Culham Railway Station is only a few minutes’ walk from Culham Science Centre’s main entrance – from the station just follow the signs. There is a service connection to Oxford, Didcot and London (via Didcot), operated by Great Western Railway. Train frequency varies throughout the day so you are strongly advised to check the timetable before travelling. Alternatively for more frequent services Didcot Parkway, seven miles away, is on the main London Paddington to Bristol line.
Culham is about 80 minutes by car or taxi drive from London Heathrow, 100 minutes from Birmingham International and 110 minutes from London Gatwick Airports. Other possible airports are Luton, or Stansted although they are more distant and/or routes are less direct.
- Heathrow: the ‘Airline’ bus runs from Heathrow Central Bus Station or from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Gloucester Green Bus Station, Oxford.
- Gatwick: the ‘Airline’ bus runs from South Terminal or North Terminal to Gloucester Green Bus Station, Oxford.
- Birmingham, Luton or Stansted: contact http://www.nationalexpress.com/
- From Heathrow:
- From Gatwick:
- Gatwick to Reading, change there for Oxford or Didcot.
- From Birmingham:
- Cross Country Trains runs an express service between Birmingham International and Oxford.
Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, OX14 3DB, Oxfordshire, U.K.
Arriving at Culham:
Please report to the reception building at the main entrance to the Culham Science Centre site. All visitors will need to present photo ID (for example a driving licence or passport). You will then be issued with a security pass and directed or escorted to the relevant building. Once on site, there is free visitor parking in the car parks indicated.