By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a self-organised and enthusiastic Technical Coordinator with a broad range of administrative skills to be accountable for the creation and management of key documentation for assigned projects. You will liaise with a number of stakeholders to gather key information required for the creation of technical reports, ensuring that key tasks and procedures are followed within set timescales. You will join a dynamic team at H3AT (Hydrogen-3 Advanced Technology) which is a world-first Tritium Research Centre, pioneering the fuels that will supply future fusion reactors.
What will you be responsible for?
- Creating and managing key documentation for assigned projects
- Managing the project controlled database, the project changes/deviation database and the non-compliance records
- Supporting the Group Leaders, Project Managers and engineers with the many technical and co-ordination duties involved with a project
- Ensuring that project or task-relevant procedures are followed and proactively work with these procedures
- Producing technical reports, specifications, tender documentation
- Manipulating technical data using Microsoft Excel
- Technical Secretary duties including organising technical meeting, taking minutes and action follow up
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Previous experience of producing and working on technical reports, within an administrative role
- Previous experience working in a Business, Science or Engineering related discipline
- Competent user of Office 365 suite, including Excel, Access and Sharepoint
- Working in multiple discipline teams
- Exceptional coordination and organisational skills
- Proactive approach to work, with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously, with initiative and minimal supervision
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- A Scientific, Technology or Engineering related discipline
- Experience working in an high tech environment
- Awareness of Quality Management or systems
- Awareness of purchasing systems
- Commercial awareness
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particular from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our dedicated Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Partner, with the support of our Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10 minute walk from Culham Railway Station.
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.