Client Side Project Manager (Property)
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
We have a great opportunity for a Construction Project Manager to work Client Side to help us implement a portfolio of important, varied construction projects as we develop out the Culham Science Centre. If you have experience of project managing projects and design teams, through from RIBA 0-7, we want to hear from you.
Culham Science Centre currently comprises about 80 buildings. Five years ago we built the first new building in decades, another two followed and this year we have 4 completing with another 3 about the start and a pipeline to develop. The team is growing fast. This post will report to the Construction Programme Manager and from there, the Head of Property.
What will you be responsible for?
- Project management from concept to completion of construction projects up to circa £25m
- Management of the professional design team, production of briefs, project documentation, budgets, reporting, performance, etc.
- Provision of advice on and support on procurement strategy and approvals processes.
- Client liaison and stakeholder management
- Application and management of BIM level 2 requirements
- Risk Management: strong awareness of and the ability to apply risk management tools and strategies to enable the successful delivery of construction projects and programmes
- Ensuring relevant statutory and environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that relevant safety management and Culham Site working procedures are observed
For more information about the Culham Science Centre see www.culham.org.uk and for more information about the UKAEA see www.ccfe.ac.uk
Essential Aptitudes and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline.
- Good range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types.
- Experience of managing the design and implementation of high-profile construction projects. Knowledge of the public sector is desirable.
- Project management qualification or track record including project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
- Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing internal; and external stakeholders at different levels.
- Membership of relevant technical body eg: Chartered Institute of Building; Association of Project Managers would be an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the NEC form of contract.
- CAD capability and BIM awareness would be valuable.
- Familiarity with Culham site and it`s buildings would be helpful.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. The Executive team with support from our EDI ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10-minute walk from Culham Railway Station in Oxfordshire.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 1st June 2022. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received
Please note salary for this role is:
£49,396 to £63,855 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.